Connecting the iPads
- Establish a wifi network with the router provided in the CTGi kit as outlined in Creating a WiFi Network
- Once the Wi-Fi network is activated, turn the 2 iPads on and they will automatically connect to the Wi-Fi.
- On the Facilitator iPad, start the CTGi application and select Facilitator Mode.
You can then choose to either
- Create a New Scenario
- Load an Exisiting Scenario
- Load a Recent Scenario
- On the Monitor iPad, start the CTGi application and select Monitor Mode.
The initial screen will say 'searching'
Once a scenario is started on the Facilitator iPad, the screen will change and prompt you to connect to the named Facilitator.
Tap on the this button and the Monitor screen will start.
- Note: In the above example the Facilitator was A201.
This unique code is auto-generated each time CTGi is used.
The most common cause of connection difficulty is iPads connected to different Wi-Fi networks. Ensure that both iPads are on the same network. However, if you want to temporarily connect the iPad to an external Wi-Fi network, remember to 'Forget' the connection after use.
To do this - iPad Settings > Wi-Fi > Connection name > Forget this Network
Please sign in to leave a comment.